NEWS & EVENTS
On the 10th anniversary of the American invasion of Iraq and just over two years after the start of the Arab spring, the IYF brings to you its most pertinent debate yet.
Do we need an Iraqi spring? Would such an event help or hurt Iraq’s prospects?
Two of the most prominent Iraq-watchers in the UK will be complemented on the panel by our young Iraqi speakers.
Speaker: Dr Toby Dodge (Reader, International Relations Department, London School of Economics)
Speaker: Miss Noor al-Bazzaz (Research Assistant & Acting Campaigner, Amnesty International)
Chair: Mr Hamza Ali (IYF Trustee)
Speaker: Mr Patrick Cockburn (Middle East Correspondent, The Independent)
Speaker: Mr Hayder al-Khoei (Researcher at the Academic Centre for Shi’a Studies)
Entry is free.
We hope to see you all there!
**All opinions expressed at the event are personal unless stated otherwise.**
Another great Two Rivers event.
A very interesting and inspirational member of our community, Prof Makiya shared with us some of his experiences and described his view on the issues of the Iraqi identity.
We had a great mix of attendees, everyone had a great time and indeed enjoyed a fantastic meal served by the Tas Bloomsbury restaurant.
Welcome to our new website! We hope you like the new design.
Please make sure to connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube using the links in the top-right of the page.
- Our next event is now up and running! See http://t.co/Mh8BUFbrI4 for more details on how to reserve a place at the IYFs Annual Charity Iftar
- We recently debated "Iraq Needs an Iraqi Spring" with T Dodge, P Cockburn, @Hayder_alKhoei @N_baz.Here's the summary http://t.co/qdLhNwM5da
- Niqash article covering our recent debate: http://t.co/cbr6tNadll #IraqiSpring #Iraq
- RT @nour_bakr: Great talk on the intentionally provocative question of an 'Iraqi Spring' #FF @Hayder_alKhoei RT@IraqiYouthFndn http:// ...
- Some insights on the 25th year anniversary of the Halabja attack http://t.co/yUSc1hQkaz
- Our thanks to all those who attended, commented, questioned and tweeted our event yesterday and our gratitude to the speakers on the panel.
- RT @Hayder_alKhoei: Great @IraqiYouthFndn event on Iraq. We need more of these. Still can't believe I actually spent time on 2013 vs 200 ...