With the New Year comes a fresh start and we have designed a fantastic set of core events throughout the year with other exciting ad-hoc social, political and cultural events to be added into the mix too. We would also love to hear your ideas so please do get in touch.
The IYF 2017 core agenda will include:
· An Iraqi societies networking event in April, to which we will invite you to network with other members and several Iraqi societies who will be showcasing their social and professional activities.
· The Annual Charity Iftar during Ramadan
· “IYF Supports” is a new initiative we are launching this year inviting our members to propose and vote on a preferred charitable, cultural or educational cause that the IYF will raise money for at an exclusive event in the Summer. We are taking suggestions now until the 31st March 2017 and we are looking forward to hearing from you.
· The October debate following the hugely successful “Iraq Needs an Iraqi Spring” debate (2013) will become a permanent fixture where we tackle important current affairs issues and encourage member participation
· To end the year we will hold an Annual Xmas Dinner in December to spread some festive cheer
We look forward to seeing all of you in the coming weeks and months, both old faces and new. Moreover we are keen to hear your thoughts, views and from anyone keen to join the committee or help out at events; please e-mail us at email@example.com to get in touch.
See you soon!